New Beginnings....

Posted by stuartwatson | | Posted on 1:19 pm


HUGHTON RESIGNS AS TOON MANAGER


As the dust settles after a hugely successful campaign, startling news emerged from St. James' Park. After disagreeing with club chairman Mike Ashley over his contract extension, Chris Hughton decided to walk away from the club. The ex-Ireland player is widely respected by Newcastle fans, and the fans are very disappointed to see the club's recent saviour depart.

Hughton had taken over the club after it suffered the humiliation of relegation from the Premier League. The club was at it's worst position for many years, after failed attempts by Ashley of selling the club, and key players leaving, the club called upon Chris to steady the ship. And that he did. Leading the club to promotion at the first time of asking, as the club notched over 100 points for the first time in it's illustrious history.

Fast-forward a year, and things are looking not too bright. Hughton has gone, and the club heading into a huge season back in the big time, who will replace the Irish saviour?

The club have decided to appoint Youth coach Stuart Watson as interim manager, with the possibility of the talented young manager to take the helm permanently.


Bookies have already brought a list of front-runners to publication.

4-1 - Martin O'Niell

6-1 - Stuart Watson

7-1 - Vicente Del Bosque

11-1 - Guus Hiddink

14-1 - Roberto Donadoni

175-1 - Paul Gascoigne

Martin O'Niell is the favourite to land the job, with interim boss Watson close behind.  Del bosque, Hiddink and Donadoni are the other favoured names, with Gazza also listed.

Comments (7)

Hey mate, great blog...very interesting post as well, I am a huge Newcastle fan and have already played with them on the demo. On my own site my readers voted for me to manage them so I cant wait for the release! You should check it out some time and Ill keep dropping by yours mate. Have subscribed already!

This comment has been removed by the author.

Thank you so much Darren.I really enjoy managing Newcastle. Not only is it my one love, it can be quite the challenge, with a low transfer budget, but some decent players. I will be keeping a track of your story as well, and it appears you have already signed two of my primary targets in Kadlec and Enyeama.

Your welcome and desrve it mate, I hope you keep blogging because its refreshing to find a good writer and a fellow Toon fanatic. The players I have signed will be lost unfortionately but I hope to get them again when starting the story properly with the release date...we'll have to exchange tips mate. Do you make the logos etc as addons for FM? I saw your name on FM-base, are those ad on packs all done by yourself? Very impressive if so and I would like permission to mention them all on my site when the games released. Would that be OK to write about them and leave the link to go directly to the download?

Yes, all of the logos I used are by myself, they are available to download on FM-Base. Obviously they are still Work in Progress. Definitely would like to compare and exchange ideas. I will be starting again now that I have the full game, so hopefully can improve this.

Hey Stuart, when your name is mentioned in the the FMBase downloads, it looks like you have provided the links for the downloads, did you actually create all of the downloads you post on there or are some of them developed by others? I just want to make sure Im crediting the right people. Get your Newcastle post on mate, I want to see who you've signed! :)

www.allthatisfootballmanager.com

Nope, they are my logos, crreated them from scratch myself.

Post a Comment